Monday, March 27, 2006

Winning the Battle at Subway

I just finished eating a footlong Subway sandwich, and let me tell you: I am kind of full, but in general completely unsatisfied. No matter how many times this eatery fails to meet my expectations, I can't help going back there, only to be pissed off again. Now I know exactly how you people feel when you come to read this blog... Today, I thought to myself, "Hmm, I haven't been to Subway in about 6 weeks. They'll make me a 12 inch sandwich with anything I want on it for $6. It's totally worth it!" I got in line, and smelled the bread. That's really how they reel you in. That bread smells so good, that the franchise is able to trick millions into believing that what they serve you is worth the price. It's a clever ruse, but today, I was having none of it. As soon as they started making my sandwich, I got pissed off. Who in their right mind puts 3 slices of turkey on a sub roll and calls it a sandwich? That's just complete BS! You know what I call 3 slices of turkey on a roll? A decent start, now double that amount, and maybe I'll consider paying for it!

When they tried to short me my fair share of turkey today, I asked for a little more, and there seemed to be no problem. When I got to the register, they tried to charge me $1.50 extra for "more meat". COME ON!!! Subway thinks it can charge me $1.50 because they had to put more than zero turkey on my turkey sandwich? I was insulted and refused to pay the extra money, so the illiterate, illegal immigrant cashier called in the manager. He tried to reason with me, but he clearly underestimated my desire to pay nothing for 2 extra slices of some substance that may or may not contain actual turkey. I was defiant. I was a pain in the butt. I held up the line for 5 minutes and basically pissed off everyone in the store. In the end, Subway Restaurants are quite lucky that my silence can be bought. They released me from the $1.50 obligation and sent me on my way. Of course, they got even when their pathetic footlong sub failed to meet my expections. Still, the moral of the story: If you ever want anything from a Subway restaurant, feel free to throw a hissy fit like a 4 year old in a toy store, and you can achieve your dreams of free meat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home