Thursday, February 23, 2006

You like exoskeleton?

Can someone explain to my why restaurants insist on serving shrimp with a rigid, sharp tail still attached? I took a fancy cooking class today because my mom thought that signing me up would be a good birthday present... This was my big chance to get the answer that has haunted me for years -- I asked the instructor. Unfortunately, she COMPLETELY bsed me. She said it helps the shrimp keeps its form and that she and others actually eat the tail. Can you say "bullshit?" This insufficient answer resulted in a certain amount of rage, and so naturally I was determined to be a bit of a jackass moving forward. And given that I am a bit of a jackass in general, I would imagine I was more of a grade A jackass. Screaming when I was chopping peppers as if I had cut my finger badly was just the start. I also enjoyed pretending to slam my head against the hanging pots and pans, as well as burning myself on the stove. Ahhh.. good times. Personally, my favorite moment was not any of that, but personal reflection--at one point I had to stick my hand into a big pot of stewed tomatoes in order to squish them for about 5-10 minutes to get our creole ready ... and I thought to myself, "how funny is it that I've spent at least this much time today scratching my balls with the same hand?" to me, it just doesn't get too much better than that.

Today's morale of the story -- leaving the tail on shrimp is bullshit.

In other news, the email demon is now in hiding and life as I know it may never be the same as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home