Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Light at the End of the Tunnel?

"Guzman may be out of your hair before you know it. I was told this season most likely will be his last chance if he doesn't produce." --Bill Ladson, MLB.com

Rejoice! It seems as though Christian Guzman can only single-handedly ruin one more season for the Washington Nationals. I've been giving the beat reporter for MLB.com a hard time for his kid glove treatment of Guzman, but will admit Bill Ladson is a very good writer. Also, he's nice enough to reply to my pestering emails, so props for that. I pulled the quote above from an email Bill sent to me this morning. Most sane people wouldn't consider this such great news, but after watching this clown ruin the Nationals playoff run last year (thanks to Frank Robinson's uncanny stubborness), its refreshing to at leat see a light at the end of the tunnel...

I questioned Guzman himself on this, and although he had no comment, he was nice enough to let me photograph his demonstration on the various ways a shortstop can avoid fielding groundballs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home