Thursday, April 27, 2006

Boycott Comcast!!! Part 3: Slaying the Beast

After a brief hiatus, I will now finalize my Comcast Boycott with Part 3. As time goes by, you hate Comcast more and more. They overcharge for disgusting products, offer no help at all, and they will do all they can do screw with you until you give up and just stop caring or get pissed off and switch to another provider. When you finally make the decision to give Comcast the "Dear John" letter it so surely deserves, they sink their claws in. It's like trying to dump a longtime girlfriend who has used you for years without giving anything back. Over the course of your relationship, she has gotten lots of money, shelter, tax savings, and plenty of attention from you with minimal investment on her part. Of course, she has absolutely no interest in letting her meal-ticket walk away.

When you call to cancel service, the ever so helpful customer service person will make a vain attempt to keep you. They question you why you are leaving and make a pathetic attempt to gather information to make it more helpful. And by more helpful, I mean they will use this data to make their services even more frustrating and user-detrimental. With the idiotic "survey" out of the way, they then get angry and essentially cut you off ASAP. Case and point: I told Comcast I was moving on 3/31/06 and asked service to be cut 4/1. What did they do? Cut my service 3/31/06, citing the "billing cycle". What a joke? Of course, they tried to bill me through 4/1/06. I called them out on that crap, and saved a hearty $5. Take that!

As a last annoyance, once you terminate your service, they make you go to them to return your cable box and high speed modem. To be specific, Comcast has a grand total of 2 return centers for equipment in the DC area. One is in Landover, MD. The other is in Springfield, VA just off the 395 Van Dorn Exit. Neither is Metro accessible. Neither is convenient for anyone other than those who live in Landover or Springfield. In other words, if you are living paycheck to paycheck and have no car, you will spend no less than $20 in round trip bus and metro fare to return a box that costs Comcast $25 to purchase and works about 15% of the time. Isn't that just grand? To continue with the bitter ex-girlfriend analogy, it's like your scorned lover making you haul her worthless crap to her instead of picking it up herself. Naturally, you live far away, and she will make it as difficult as possible. While the spite factor is nice, I like to do the spiting, not the other way around!

Well, I finally got away from Comcast. As a final burn against them, my housemates and I forced them to bring in a private contractor to hook up their lousy internet product. For $50, he successfully gave us a special connection provided us both extra high speed connection, PLUS free Comcast cable. So, take that Comcast! From hell's heart, I stab at thee!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous N. Brush said...

I agree with you 110%. We have been having major issues with our Comcast, up to the point where the technician tells us they need to come and replace the line, but customer service says they no longer replace lines in our apartment complex...wth?

Anyway, we've had problems for months and now our landlady is stepping in. Looks like we'll be going over to DSL very soon!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://guqyhucis.easyfreehosting.com/domakaz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home