Thursday, June 28, 2007

Delaware Sucks!

Reasons Delaware shouldn't be nuked off the map:

  1. No sales tax on consumer purchases
  2. Favorable corporate laws that help US businesses.
  3. Without traffic, it only takes 20 minutes to get through the state on the way to legitimate destinations.
  4. Save weapons to stop Godzilla.

Yes, Delaware sucks and offers little value to anyone. What's more, they take in over $20mm a year in tolls from drivers desperate to get into the slightly less-sucky state of Maryland via I-95. That's just complete BS. Delaware is lucky to even get a star on the flag. I found a way around the Delaware toll, which will save you $4 and stick it to those jackholes:

  1. Exit I-95 South at Delaware Exit 1B (Rt. 896, College Ave.).
  2. About 1 mile up, make a left on Rt. 2 (Christina Ave.)
  3. About 1.5 miles, make a left onto Rt. 2 (Elkton Rd.)
  4. I-95 South in Maryland (Exit 109) will be less than 2 miles away.

Given the traffic during the summer and on weekends, this will add about 5 miles to your trip, but it will often save you time and frustration. Suck on that, Delaware!

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you posted this....After cruising down 95 for 8 hours with no traffic on the way home from Montreal one year, I found myself stuck in gridlock for close to SIX HOURS at the Delaware toll while trying to get home to Maryland. I sloooowwwlllly crawled towards the toll plaza as the day turned into night, and my 10 hour drive turned into 16 hours. They had two toll booths open. As soon as I finally paid my $4 and got through, there was not a bit of traffic the entire way home. That d*mn Delaware toll took 6 hours of my life away....how in the world is Delaware allowed to get away with blocking traffic that badly to collect $4? The federal government should just go ahead and move I95 a few miles to the left to avoid Delaware entirely. Anyway, since that time, more than a decade ago, I have not spent a single second in Delaware, not even to drive through. They will never get a dime of my money again for tolls, consumer purchases, or any other reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home