Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Love that Chicken?

On our way back to DC from the "bachelor party" from hell, we stopped to eat dinner around 10 PM at the Chesapeake House in Northern Maryland. They offer the usual rest stop fast food options. I decided on some delicious Popeye's Fried Chicken. However, the Hispanic family in line in front of me proceeded to piss me off by taking 15 minutes to order their massive dinner:

4 16-piece fried chicken buckets
3 large sides of mashed potatoes and gravy
2 large sides of red beans and rice
2 large sides of macaroni and cheese
16 buttermilk biscuits
10 medium fountain drinks

Total: $125

Perhaps they should have just said, "Wait, how much chicken do you have back there? I'll take it!" Has anyone ever actually ordered $125 worth of Popeye's and lived? Of course we know that Popeye's is unhealthy. However, there are environmental effects as well. I know that the aftermath of my 3-piece chicken dinner was a fart-riddled 2002 Toyota Solara and one super-sized piece of "information" 3 hours later. I can only imagine what 22x the food would have done to that poor family...

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home